Like my fan page in order to have quizzes, language curiosities, vocabulary - Follow by e-mail and receive every new class in your inbox.

I´m....

Minha foto
Vitória, ES, Brazil
My name is Bruno, I´m a Brazilian English teacher specialized in Applied Linguistics. Currently I work for a language institute teaching adults and in a regular school teaching elementary and high school. I believe knowledge is something to be shared and that´s why I post my classes to everybody who wants to study/learn English. In the last years I counted and have been counting on many partners who are always there: Adriana Pin, Bhyanka Itaborahy, Claudio Azevedo (Movie Segments), Diego Cassionato (Inglês com Rock) and Dani Bertocchi... You guys are also "guilty" for it. THANK YOU.

@TeacherBrunoGon

quarta-feira, 17 de julho de 2013

Wanna be - If-Clauses and Collocations

Hey guys
Today I bring you a song class using one of Spice Girls famous songs: Wanna be
At this class we will work with If-clauses and Collocations.

This class was made with my great partner Teacher Dani Bertocchi. Thank you so much Dani, you rock...

1 - Listen to the song and complete using the verbs below in the appropriated structure:




Yo I'll say you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha.
If you want my future ____________ my past,
If you wanna ____________ with me better ___________ it fast,
Now don't go wasting my precious time,
Get your act together we could be just fine.
I'll tell you what I want, ….
If you wanna ________ my lover, you gotta get with my friends,
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you __________ got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is.
What do you think about that now you know how I feel,
Say you can handle my love are you for real,
I won't be hasty, I'll give you a try,
If you really ___________ me then I'll __________ goodbye.
Yo I'll say you what I want, …..
Chorus
So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me
you gotta listen carefully,
We got Em in the place who likes it in your face,
We got G like MC who likes it on an
Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady,
and as for me, ha you'll see,
Slam your body down and wind it's all around,
Slam your body down and wind it's all around.
Chorus

2 - Answer the questions below:
a- If I want a solid relationship, __________________________________________
b- If I want to have good friends, __________________________________________
c- If you make me waste my time, ____________________________________________

3 - The verb "to waste" is similar to the verbs "to spend" and "to pass". Check "w", "s" and "p" to each word below creating collocations:
( ) Time ( ) Money ( ) Oportunity ( ) Energy
( ) the night ( ) my life ( ) hours ( ) vacation
( ) rocks ( ) food ( ) water ( ) freedom

4 - After studying the collocations how can we differ them:
Waste: __________________________________________________________________________
Spend: __________________________________________________________________________
Pass: ___________________________________________________________________________

Download the worksheet
http://www.4shared.com/office/sUQjgu9j/Wanna_Be.html?

Answer key
1 -
Forget - Get - Make - Be - Have - Bug - Say

2 -
Personal answers

3 -
S/W - S/W - S/W - S/W
S/W - S/P/W - S/W - S
S/W - S/W - S/W - S/W

4 -
Waste: To use, consume, spend, or expend thoughtlessly or carelessly (the free dictionary)
Spend: To use, consume or expend in a careful and thoughtful way.
Pass: To move on or ahead; proceed. (the free dictionary)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

# My Radio Interview about the school I work for. Listen Online #

O que achou do blog Teacher Bruno? What´s your opinion?

Your favorite class is.... (Multiple answers)