Like my fan page in order to have quizzes, language curiosities, vocabulary - Follow by e-mail and receive every new class in your inbox.

I´m....

Minha foto
Vitória, ES, Brazil
My name is Bruno, I´m a Brazilian English teacher specialized in Applied Linguistics. Currently I work for a language institute teaching adults and in a regular school teaching elementary and high school. I believe knowledge is something to be shared and that´s why I post my classes to everybody who wants to study/learn English. In the last years I counted and have been counting on many partners who are always there: Adriana Pin, Bhyanka Itaborahy, Claudio Azevedo (Movie Segments), Diego Cassionato (Inglês com Rock) and Dani Bertocchi... You guys are also "guilty" for it. THANK YOU.

@TeacherBrunoGon

quarta-feira, 5 de março de 2014

You´ve got mail - If-clauses

Hi guys

There has been a while since my last post, latey I must confess that my creativity has been low... Hopefully this is over and I´ll be posting many classes.
Today, I bring to you a scene from the movie You´ve got mail, featuring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.

1 – Watch the video segment and number the sentences spoken by the characters:



If I ever get out of here:
( ) I should marry Orit
( ) I´m gonna start speaking to my mama
( ) I´m having my eyes lasered

2 – Some situations make people think about the future or the past. Debate the following questions among your classmates practicing if-clauses:
a- If you had won a millionaire prize on the lottery,… __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
b- If you had the opportunity of changing your body,… __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
c- If you could time travel,… __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
d- If you could live again any moment of your life,… __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Download the video
http://www.4shared.com/video/cpRqiXioce/Youve_got_mail_-_ifclauses.html?
Download the worksheet
http://www.4shared.com/office/95Ck7m3kba/Youve_got_mail.html?

Answer key
1-
2
1
3
2-
Students debate

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

# My Radio Interview about the school I work for. Listen Online #

O que achou do blog Teacher Bruno? What´s your opinion?

Your favorite class is.... (Multiple answers)