Like my fan page in order to have quizzes, language curiosities, vocabulary - Follow by e-mail and receive every new class in your inbox.

I´m....

Minha foto
Vitória, ES, Brazil
My name is Bruno, I´m a Brazilian English teacher specialized in Applied Linguistics. Currently I work for a language institute teaching adults and in a regular school teaching elementary and high school. I believe knowledge is something to be shared and that´s why I post my classes to everybody who wants to study/learn English. In the last years I counted and have been counting on many partners who are always there: Adriana Pin, Bhyanka Itaborahy, Claudio Azevedo (Movie Segments), Diego Cassionato (Inglês com Rock) and Dani Bertocchi... You guys are also "guilty" for it. THANK YOU.

@TeacherBrunoGon

segunda-feira, 30 de setembro de 2013

We are the champions - Present Perfect

1 – Listen to the song and complete the song with the verbs below in the Present Perfect




I __________________ my dues
Time after time
I __________________ my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I __________________ a few
I __________________ my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I ________________ through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
Cause we are champions of the world

I____________________ my bows
And my curtain calls
You ____________________ me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it____________________ no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
Cause we are champions of the world

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
Cause we are champions of the world

2 – Confusing verbs
“To Share” is a verb that is confusing for Portuguese speakers, it´s easily confused with the verb “To Divide”.
Can you tell the difference between them? _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 – Collocations
What does “Keep on” mean?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you give more collocations with the verb “to keep”? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 – Informal language
What´s the formal writing form of “Cos´ “? __________________________________________
What´s the formal writing form of “ain´t”? __________________________________________

5 – Time Expressions
The sentence “… and I´d ever lose.” brings the time expression “ever” and it´s very much used in the Present Perfect. Can you tell the other by the mnemonic JEANY SF?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Link with their use.
( ) experience ( ) activities recently finished
( ) actions finished before expected
( ) actions finished after expected or not finished
( ) actions which never happened
( ) quantity of time ( ) from past to present action


Download the activity
http://www.4shared.com/office/HxaChdc3/Queen_-We_are_the_champions.html?

Answer key
LYRICS
I´ve paid
I´ve done
I´ve made
I´ve had
I´ve taken
You´ve brought
It´s been

2-
To Share is two or more people use an object together or separated, but no ownership
To Divide is when an object is fisically split among people or between two people.

3-
Keep on = Continue
Keep up; Keep yourself together;

4-
Cos´= Because
Ain´t = Any negative

5-
Just - Ever - Already - Never - Yet - Since - For
( E ) experience ( J ) activities recently finished
( A ) actions finished before expected
( Y ) actions finished after expected or not finished
( N ) actions which never happened
( F ) quantity of time ( S ) from past to present action




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

# My Radio Interview about the school I work for. Listen Online #

O que achou do blog Teacher Bruno? What´s your opinion?

Your favorite class is.... (Multiple answers)