Like my fan page in order to have quizzes, language curiosities, vocabulary - Follow by e-mail and receive every new class in your inbox.

I´m....

Minha foto
Vitória, ES, Brazil
My name is Bruno, I´m a Brazilian English teacher specialized in Applied Linguistics. Currently I work for a language institute teaching adults and in a regular school teaching elementary and high school. I believe knowledge is something to be shared and that´s why I post my classes to everybody who wants to study/learn English. In the last years I counted and have been counting on many partners who are always there: Adriana Pin, Bhyanka Itaborahy, Claudio Azevedo (Movie Segments), Diego Cassionato (Inglês com Rock) and Dani Bertocchi... You guys are also "guilty" for it. THANK YOU.

@TeacherBrunoGon

quinta-feira, 3 de junho de 2010

Problem Verbs - Do X Make

Good morning everyone
I´m going to start some classes without video trying to explain some problem verbs that are commom problems for many students. Today I´m explaining the difference between DO and MAKE.

Bom dia a todos
Estou começando hoje uma pequena série de aulas sem video para explicar alguns verbos problemas que são duvidas comuns para muitos alunos.


DO
As a whole DO is used to indicate an activity performance, which include work.
Ex:
Do your best
do business with someone
do nothing
do a favor
do a good job
do the shopping
do the dishes
do the laundry

MAKE
As a whole MAKE is used to indicate an activity in the sense of creation and production
Ex:
Make a choice
make a date
make an excuse
make progress
make a suggestion
make noise
make money
make a decision
make lunch/ dinner
make plans
make a phone call

DO can be used to replace verbs mentioned before in the sentence or dialogue.
- Hey, you broke my toy
- No, I didn´t do it (do = break)

DO also can be used to replace more specific verbs
- He is doing 110km/h on the road (doing = driving)
- I did latim when I was in college (did = studied)

Here there are some exercises to you study and practice this.
http://www.agendaweb.org/verbs/confusing_verbs

Well guys
I hope that these explanations could help you and if you have any comments, doubts or suggestions. Please contact me:
teacher.bruno.gon@gmail.com

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

# My Radio Interview about the school I work for. Listen Online #

O que achou do blog Teacher Bruno? What´s your opinion?

Your favorite class is.... (Multiple answers)